GCIL provides training on a range of disability issues, including Disability Equality and Disability Discrimination. We can also design individual courses to meet the specific training needs of an organisation. Information on our range of courses, including costs and specimen programmes are available from Training Solutions.
Our Customer Care training courses offer a number of benefits to organisations that provide a service to the public.
It is estimated that disabled people in Scotland spend in excess of £5 billion pounds annually. If your business would like a share of this sum then our training courses are tailor-made to meet your needs.
For example, we can help you to:
- potentially open new markets
- promote good practice in delivering services to disabled people
- demonstrate that you value disabled customers
- improve staff confidence and service quality when dealing with disabled customers
- promote a positive image of your company and its products
Our Disability Discrimination training courses can assist by:
- helping you to understand your legal responsibilities as set out in legislation
- helping you to develop good practices and procedures
- raising awareness of the issues and barriers that disabled staff may face.
Our courses are delivered by disabled people and are designed to be as participative as possible through discussion, small groups and activities in learning about disability issues and sharing experiences.
Training Services Co-ordinator
Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living
117-127 Brook Street
Tel: 0141 550 4455
Fax: 0141 550 4858
Textphone: 0141 554 6482
For further information on this service, please download the following documents Training Solutions Information Brochure.pdf and Access Information Brochure.pdf